Mom. Newly single. Avid fiction reader. Aspiring romance/erotica novelist. Red wine enthusiast. Former Harry Potter and Twilight fanfiction author. Is my insanity showing? Follow @Kari_FicFanatic
Totally just killed a bottle of wine & I’m not feeling shit. What the hell? lol
Oh, & if you want to friend me on Facebook, I’m Kari Ann Raines. Just be sure to let me know who you are on Tumblr or Twitter so I don’t ignore your friend request!
Well, as an update for those who might be wondering what happened to me, I’m still alive. ;) Moved to Lubbock, TX last week & accepted a Correctional Officer position with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice; I leave for the training academy the week after next! Oh, & my divorce will be finalized next week. Wish me luck!
Why, yes I do, as a matter of fact. Her name is Jessie. :)
I haven’t personally. Anyone else wanna answer this question?
1. Being able to look at penises online all I want…without feeling even slightly bad about it.
2. Being able to have cyber sex (or the real kind if I so chose) with strange men…again without the guilt.
3. If I wanna have one - or ten - too many glasses of wine on my “off” weekends from the kids, I’m gonna fucking do it.
4. Not having to run everything I wanna do by someone else. (If it’s within my means & isn’t hurting anyone, I can do it if I wanna do it.)
5. Not having to cook homemade meals unless I just feel like doing it for myself. (Hey, my kids don’t eat my cooking anyway.)
6. Not having to pick up after a grown-ass man like he’s a toddler. (Two kids are enough for me, thank you very much.)
7. Not having to clean beard stubble off my sink…right after cleaning my sink.
8. Not having to deal with someone else’s apparent PMS. (Especially when that someone happens to have a penis; and men think WE’RE bitches.)
9. Not having someone begging me for a blowjob when I just don’t fucking feel like doing it. (The next time I suck a dick, it will be because I WANT to…not because I want to shut someone up.)
Aaaannnd the number one thing about being newly single…
10. Sex with my vibrator is better anyway.
It is early Saturday morning and a roomful of bookish adults is contemplating sex. The NSW Writers Centre in Balmain is holding a day-long workshop in Writing Sizzling Sex Scenes. Fantasy and romance author Nicole Murphy is leading a class of published or would-be writers, all of whom are hoping to get great sex on the page.
”Build the tension and anticipation - foreplay for the reader,” Murphy tells the class. ”Slow down; let the reader experience things as the characters are experiencing them.”
”If you want to arouse the reader,” begins some especially memorable advice, ”you need to allow yourself to be aroused while writing it.”
And don’t hold back. ”Pretend your mother will never read it.”
Can’t say I agree with all these “rules,” (I personally enjoy using cruder language depending on whose perspective I’m writing from *ahem* Rom *ahem*) but this is an interesting read nonetheless.
Or ya don’t, but maybe ya do. If ya don’t, I guess ya better be off then!
I saw the Smut helper post, so I thought I’d bat for the clean sex-writing teams. List of a few things to keep in mind so it doesn’t come off as porno in the middle of your serious 150 chapter story.
ONWARD WITH SCIENCE!